95 principios del activismo geek
Se publicó una propuesta de los 95 principios del activismo
geek cool en Science Addiction. Es mayormente para los estadounidenses, pero claro, hay temas universales.
Acá, mis favoritas:
1. Reclaim the term ‘hacker’. If you tinker with electronics, you are a hacker. If you use things in more ways than intended by the manufacturer, you are a hacker. If you build things out of strange, unexpected parts, you are a hacker. Reclaim the term.
7. Read the original 95 theses. Yes, they are irrelevant to these causes. Yes, they are religious- and not even close to my religion. And yes, they are 500 years old. But they do demonstrate how stating your beliefs clearly, effectively and publicly to challenge the status quo can change the world. Of course, I have no delusions of grandeur!
23. Some corporations may seem to be on your side, but are not.
30. Express your opinion in public.
37. When arguing with people who disagree, be polite, but not condescending.
65. Read the PATRIOT ACT– know what you are really up against.
86. More information available to the most number of people is a good thing.
91. Read our modern geek philosophers- read Bruce Perens, Cory Doctorow, Bruce Sterling and even Richard Stallman. Read Schneier to find practical reasons why stupid security mechanisms are stupid. Read them even if you disagree with them- it will help frame your point of view.
93. You have the right to anonymity on the internet.
95. Most of all- have fun.